Electronic cigarettes have made it possible for smokers to enjoy vaping nicotine exclusively. This device has limited dangers involved with smoking tobacco leaves, carbon monoxide and other chemicals that come with the same alongside tar. Thanks to this technology, vaping (smoking electronic cigarettes) is more fun and healthier than it used to be. The only by product produced from using electronic cigarettes is water vapor and a fresh breathe.
Discussed below are electronic cigarette parts and components that make vaping possible.
- Lithium ion Button cell: This is the central and most important part of an electronic cigarette. It is the main source of power that powers the cartomizer to vaporize nicotine from its cartridge when one inhales. This button cell is easily rechargeable once low on power.
- Microprocessor: This is the processing component that controls how much nicotine is vaporized and delivered into ones lungs. It is also the core component that controls the cigarettes LED light, sensors and cartomizer. It works as a process control system within the e-cig.
- Sensors: This is an important component within every e-cigarette. This sensor detects the suckling force when one attempts to inhale, sending a signal to the microprocessor which then activates the cartomizer into action.
- Nicotine cartridges: This is the compartment that contains nicotine extracts dissolved in a solvent. This cartridge also plays a role as the mouthpiece where one places his or her lips to inhale. The cartridge can be unscrewed from the e cigs when refilling hence the reason why it is located on the rear end.
- The cartomizer: This is the central heating component whose main work is to vaporize nicotine into vapor. The user inhales this nicotine rich vapor to his or her satisfaction. The amount of nicotine delivered per puff is dictated by its percentage concentration in the cartridge. The cartomizer can only be activated by microprocessor for efficiency and to conserve battery power.
- Aluminum casing: It is the external metallic casing that protects the main e-cig components. This casing is made of aluminum purposely to make it lightweight and comfortable to hold with the lips.
These are the main components you will find in almost all electronic cigarettes. These cigs can also be used for medicinal purposes especially for addicts seeking to quit smoking for good. A special medicated cartridge is used for this purpose to make this process a success.
There are components that should come with the e-cig kit when you purchase it for the first time. These are the charger (this can be a USB charger or its charging unit), and the e-cig. Some companies may package this device with a portable power bank and an additional cartridge which comes at a discount too.
Whether you are looking for a healthy smoking alternative, or just want to quit smoking for good, you will find refuge in electronic cigarettes. Addicts seeking to quit smoking should however have a physician advise them on the best way to use these e-cigs, and recommend a percentage of nicotine concentration on each refill.